Request to Resume Studies at LHU

  The Request to Resume Studies form is to be used by students who previously attended LHU as a degree seeking or non-degree seeking student and have missed at least one semester (fall or spring) of attendance and want to return for additional coursework or by students who have graduated from LHU and want to return to complete additional coursework or another undergraduate degree program.

Your request to resume studying will be reviewed by the Registrar's Office for academic eligibility to continue enrollment at Lock Haven University.


Students who plan to return in a different major than previously declared, or who are returning for a second degree, must complete the Change of Major form below.

NOTE: **Students who were previously enrolled and want to return to LHU for the Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) major must complete the Nursing Application form.  Please do not submit the Resume Studies form or the Change of Major/Declare Academic Minor form at this time.**


This form must be submitted to the Registrar's Office by noon on the Friday before classes begin for your requested semester/session.  Forms received after this time will not be processed.


  • Complete the form below.
  • If you are returning for a different major or for a second degree, submit the Change of Major form or Nursing Application
  • Wait for a response from the Registrar's Office. If your return is approved, you will be notified via email and provided registration information.
  • Register for classes via myHaven.  For scheduling advice, contact your academic advisor or chair of the department.



Approval of a request to resume studies through the Registrar's Office neither implies nor guarantees the receipt of financial aid or the ability to enroll.  Non-degree students, including certificate-only programs, ARE NOT eligible for state and federal financial aid. 

A student's previous academic and financial history can affect the ability to receive financial aid.  Any current or prior unpaid or delinquent account balances will hinder a student's ability to re-enroll. It is highly recommended that all students who wish to resume their studies contact the Financial Aid Office prior to submitting this application to review financial aid eligibility. (Ulmer Hall 224; 570-484-2424)

Note:  Students who are returning from a period of suspension may require financial counseling.  Please check email and US postal service mail for important information. For financial aid questions, phone Financial Aid at 570-484-2424 (Ulmer Hall 224).


Unmet financial obligations prevent registration. If you have a hold on your account, you will not be able to register. Please contact the Student Accounts Office with any questions.  They are located in Ulmer Hall 224 and can be reached at 570-484-2425 or


Students must be aware of academic policies in place at the time of return. This includes, but is not limited to:

** Academic requirements for the major and general education;
** Graduation residency requirements;
** Repeat policies; and,
** Warning/Probation/Suspension/Dismissal.

Students returning after a period of probation, suspension, or academic dismissal (under academic amnesty) will return on probation.

Students returning after a period of academic dismissal must provide proof of productive activities during the absence. This may include, but is not limited to, taking college courses.  An explanation of the student's productive activities must be attached to this request; the Registrar's Office will review the explanation to determine appropriateness. 

For those who took college classes, an unofficial transcript must be submitted (as an attachment) with the request.  Simply taking college classes is not automatic approval to return.  In addition, if approved to return, an official transcript must be sent to the Registrar's Office for credit evaluation.


Registrar's Office: 570-484-2006
Financial Aid: 570-484-2424
Student Accounts: 570-484-2425
University Directory Information:


Want to Know More?

Registrar's Office

Registrar's Office
224 Ulmer, Lock Haven University
 (570) 484-2006

Contact our Admissions Office

8:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Friday
(570) 484-2027

LHU Social Media

Not PrinceFaxMail PhoneSearchFacebook GitHub InstagramKickStarterLinkedInPinterestRedditRSSTumblrTwitterVineWordPressYouTube