What You'll Study
- Interdisciplinary Versatility: This major is a flexible, interdisciplinary program that allows students to develop an area of specialization through specific concentrations. Common areas include:
- International Relations
- Scholarships: From honorariums to full-tuition waivers, scholarships exist to reward your hard work and dedication to the major. Find more information here.
- Study Abroad: Study abroad is strongly encouraged for international studies students. You’ll have the opportunity to spend at least one semester abroad through programs coordinated by the Center for Global Engagement.
- Center for Global Engagement: LHU’s Center for Global
Engagement is a national leader in international education. The Institute offers more than 30 international exchange programs in 20 countries that allow LHU students to study abroad as an integral part of their undergraduate program.
- Careers: Graduates of this program have continued their studies at renowned universities including:
- Kent State
- American University
- University of California, Santa Cruise
- Dickinson School of Law
- University of Leeds, England
International studies graduates have gone on to successful careers around the globe in places as diverse as Japan, China, and Africa. They have been employed by a multitude of agencies and organizations including:
- The Peace Corps (both in Washington D.C. and in the field)
- The United Nations in Japan
- The JET Program in Japan
- The U.S. International Trade Commission
- Corporate Positions in the U.S. and China.
- Facilities: Faculty deliver courses in technology-enhanced classrooms with vast multimedia capabilities. Students can access open computer labs and campus wireless network when using personally-owned devices. Students can request technology resources from Stevenson Library, Media Services.