Spring 2021 Move-In and Housing Guide
Moving into a residence hall - whether you're new to college, new to LHU, or new to the hall - can be confusing. To make the transition easier, Student and Residence Life has developed a detailed Move-In and Housing Guide for the spring 2021 semester. It includes the information outlined below as well as important information to help answer your questions even before you arrive.
As noted in the President’s January 6th message, reopening plans for the spring semester have been revised to include a two-week fully remote format beginning January 25th and ending February 5th. To prepare for the start of in-person instruction on February 8th, a physically distanced move-in process is scheduled for all new and returning students February 4-7, 2021.
To ensure physical distancing during move-in days, the number of residents permitted to move at any given time will be limited.
All students living in on-campus housing are required to participate in LHU’s free
COVID-19 re-entry testing before being allowed to move into the residence halls. Testing
will take place in the Student Recreation Center (SRC) as the first step in the move-in
process. Students with a negative result will proceed with move-in, receiving their
room keys before driving to their residence halls. Students with a positive result
will be provided with additional information and instructions on next steps.
Please note, if you choose to be tested prior to coming to campus, you will still need to be tested in the SRC and receive a negative result to pick up your room keys.
Before coming to campus, please check for COVID-19 symptoms using information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If you or your family are exhibiting symptom(s), stay home and contact your healthcare provider.
Student and Residence Life will pre-schedule appointments to limit the number of residents
moving in at any given time. You will receive your assigned move-in day and time via
LHU email by January 22.
It is imperative that you arrive only on your assigned day and time. Staff will not be available outside of that time frame to administer a COVID-19 test or assist with your check-in. In the event your move-in appointment conflicts with a synchronous class, please contact your Residence Hall Director for assistance.
- Chris Stanonis, email@example.com, for Fairview Suites southside (#101-147, 200-256, 300-356)
- Mike Heck, firstname.lastname@example.org, for Fairview Suites northside (#148-161, 257-295, 357-395)
- Karen Stefaniak, email@example.com, for Campus Village Apartments
- During your move-in appointment, report directly to the Student Recreation Center (SRC). DO NOT drive directly to your residence hall.
- Please limit the number of people coming with you to no more than two helpers.
- You and your helpers must wear facial covering over your nose and mouth at all times.
- Physical distancing must be maintained; please keep 6-feet between you and other individuals throughout the entire move-in process.
- Color-coded parking permits will be issued when you receive your room keys allowing you to park in front of your residence hall for a limited amount of time. When your time is up, please move your vehicle to a designated parking lot.
- Staff members will be stationed in front of each residence hall to enforce parking permits, ensure compliance with the move-in process, and to provide direction to other locations on campus.
- Unloading assistance will not be available when you pull up to your residence hall.
- Fairview Suites will have large rolling bins available to help you carry items to your room. They will be available at the Front Desk and sanitized by Residence Life staff after each use.
- Please plan to move all of your belonings in to your room before unpacking. Doing so will help prevent move-in appointments from overlapping and is for the health and safety of everyone involved in the move-in process.
DRIVING TO CAMPUS
The best way to approach campus when driving is to exit Route 220 using the Lock Haven exit. Please do not use the Mill Hall exit. The Lock Haven exit will place you in a better position to reach the Student Recreation Center (SRC). Once off the Lock Haven exit, follow the signs to Water Street, which will bring you right to campus. Immediately after crossing the railroad tracks, turn left on to Railroad Street. Park near the SRC and enter at your assigned appointment time.