|APPLY NOW||REQUEST INFORMATION||CONTACT ADMISSIONS||MEET OUR FACULTY|
What You'll Study
In LHU’s Accounting program you have the opportunity to dual major in accounting and business administration, earning a bachelor of science in both areas which can be accomplished within the 120 credit overall degree requirement. This business core produces a well-rounded business person as well as an accountant. Feedback from the business community indicates that the additional credential in business is highly attractive to employers. Topics covered include:
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Cost Accounting
- Governmental Accounting
- Strategic Statements: Our Mission, Vision, and Values
- Scholarships: From honorariums to full-tuition waivers, scholarships exist to reward your hard
work and dedication to the major. Find more information here.
- Accreditation: The program is accredited by Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a global business and accounting accreditation. ACBSP’s Mission is to promote continuous
improvement and recognize excellence in the accreditation of business and accounting
education programs around the world. LHU’s Accounting Program must demonstrate through
its leadership, faculty, curriculum, learning activities, and support processes that
students learn, key stakeholders are satisfied, and program improvements continue.
As required by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), information on student achievement and further, Strategic Plan results can be found in the Performance Dashboard and Strategic Plan Progress Report, which are posted on the Strategic Plan web page. Program Student Learning Outcomes data can be found on our Learning Assessment web page.
- Internships: As an accounting major, you are encouraged to participate in internships during your
junior or senior year. Many students have interned with public accounting firms, private
businesses, or the nonpublic sector. Examples of accounting internships with accounting
firms in recent years include:
- H&R Block
- Jackson Hewitt
- Emert & Associates
- Keystone Central School District
- First Quality
- Clinton County Tax Counseling for the Elderly
- Liberty Tax Service
- Smith, Elliot, Kearns and Co.
- CPA Prep Club: You can join the CPA Prep Club, participate in short CPA exam practice sessions,
and meet with CPAs who mentor the group.
- Careers: Upon graduation, you will be qualified to sit for the Certified Public Accountant
(CPA) examination in Pennsylvania. LHU graduates have found work in large accounting
- Deloitte and Touche
- Ernst & Young
- Many graduates work for smaller regional firms, small businesses, and governmental
and non-profit organizations. Others work in accounting and finance for such companies
- Rex Energy
- Morgan Stanley
- West Pharmaceutical
- Facilities: Faculty deliver courses in technology-enhanced classrooms with vast multimedia capabilities. Students can access open computer labs and campus wireless network when using personally-owned devices. Financially disadvantaged students can request technology resources from Stevenson Library, Media Services.