Social Media Policies
Although social media allows for fast and easy conversation, it also has raised questions and concerns regarding communication behaviors. Lock Haven University supports the use of social media and offers guidelines for connecting through such channels with stakeholders of Lock Haven University. The following policies will provide guidance on effective and safe communications.
- Use of University brand assets: Use of University brand assets by non-University entities or with non-University products or services without institutional approval is prohibited. Permission for use of brand assets can be granted by contacting the Office of University Relations. University brand assets may not be used when the use:
- Conflicts with University policies;
- Is considered to contain obscene, indecent, or profane material;
- Adversely affects the University’s reputation;
- Promotes discrimination based on a person’s age, creed, color, national origin, race, handicap, religion, gender, or sexual orientation;
- Promotes illegal activities;
- Endorses or implies University support of any kind, be it professional, political, etc.