Who is Pearson Vue?
Pearson VUE delivers over 4 million high-stakes exams a year for clients in the licensure, certification, academic admissions, regulatory and government testing service markets. It boasts the world’s leading test center network, with over 5,000 testing centers, 230 of which are fully owned and operated Pearson Professional Centers. These centers utilize a patent-winning design, which was created specifically for high-stakes testing and offers a carefully controlled, consistent testing environment.
Pearson VUE was founded as Virtual University Enterprises (VUE) in 1994. The company was acquired by National Computer Systems (NCS) in 1997, which in turn was acquired by Pearson plc in 2000. In 2006 Promissor, the leading provider of licensing examinations for state and federal regulatory bodies in the United States, was acquired by Pearson and is now part of the Pearson VUE business.
Why Test with Pearson VUE?
Using the speed and reliability of the Internet, the most advanced technology and our commitment to unparalleled service, Pearson VUE provides with the tools and flexibility to meet your testing needs.
- Pearson VUE uses the Internet for secure data transmission to and from the test center
- Easy and convenient real-time registration and rescheduling of exams
- Your test is downloaded and ready when you are, over 99% of the time
- Results are promptly and accurately provided to the sponsoring organization, then merged into their test database, regardless of who you began testing with
- Real-time connection with the Pearson VUE hub via the Internet for all services
- Tamper-proof web Digital Embosser that protects your certification
- Extensive use of Java in the registration and testing site management applications
- Exams taken at a Pearson VUE test center are the same exams, for the same price, as those with any other test provider. The difference is in the great service you’ll experience before and after you take the exam.
Please visit www.pearsonvue.com for a complete listing of testing programs and toll-free call centers.
How do I register for an exam with Pearson VUE?
Register directly at www.pearsonvue.com to create your own registration. Registration and directions to the center can be found on the Pearson site.
How do I pay for my exam fees?
All exam fees are handled by the Pearson VUE software during exam registration. There are two forms of payment accepted – credit card or voucher.
What exams can I take?
An up-to-date list of exams offered through Pearson VUE©. Authorized Test Centers can be found at www.pearsonvue.com/pvtc/exams.