The Math Placement Assessment will function on most Windows and Mac based systems and in many browsers. We recommend a mouse to click on the appropriate answers and to navigate the assessment, not the keyboard. No calculators are allowed on this assessment; the questions are designed to evaluate your math ability without a calculator. Remember, this assessment determines which math class you should begin with in order to succeed in college; cheating or using a calculator on this exam will only hurt your college career and possibly keep you from graduating in a timely manner.
Once you are at a computer and are ready to take the assessment, do the following:
- Type in the URL web address: https://lhu.desire2learn.com . Make certain you are ready to begin before continuing!
- “Click on the LHU User Login button and log in with the same username and password you use for LHU email and myHaven. You should then see the Math Placement Assessment under My Courses.”
- Read announcement carefully and click the software check link. You will see a short quiz for software check. Answer those questions and save your answers before hitting the submit button. This will take you to the link for Part 1- Math Placement Test (Another way of accessing Part 1- Math Placement test is to click on Assessments and from the drop down list click on Quizzes).
- Answer the questions in Part 1 – Math Placement Test to the best of your ability. Save your answers and submit your test. If your score is 60% or higher on part 1 then you will see a link to Part 2 of placement test. Similarly, if you have a score 60% or higher in part 2 then you can access part 3 and so on up to part 4.
- Remember that we do NOT expect you to be able to answer all questions; if you do not know what the question is asking, DO NOT PANIC! Simply leave the question blank and proceed to the next question.
- At the end of each part, you will be asked to print your score for your record.
- Finally, after completing the test and viewing and/or printing your results, please close all open windows.
If you have any difficulties, please contact the Math Chair (email@example.com) for assistance.
Contact The Math Department Chair
Contact Our Admissions Office
8:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Friday