Reasons to student teach abroad:
- Learn about the educational system of another country
- Great experience to put on your resume-all competing for same jobs, you will stand out with abroad experience
- Gain perspective on US educational system
- Gain experience working with students from a different cultural background
- Learn a new language
- Have great stories about your travels and experiences to tell your future students back in PA or wherever you land
- Inspire your future students to go abroad and learn about the world
- Travel during school breaks
Interested students should meet with Dr. Kimberly Tohill, (570) 484-2699, firstname.lastname@example.org , Director of Student Teaching & Field Experiences, early in their academic career. As in the student teaching placement in the US, students work with a cooperating teacher at the international site, and keep in contact with their LHU supervisor by email. A qualified onsite supervisor will conduct the mandatory classroom observations.
Students pay LHU tuition and fees for the student teaching block of courses. Students also pay room and board directly to the host institution.
Click here to download an International Student Teaching Application form.