Please fill out and submit the application below and follow the steps to supplement your application materials.
On separate sheets (or emailed as attachments in Microsoft Word or rich text format) provide the following information.
- List any college-level honors course work you have completed.
- Identify your significant activities, leadership positions and work experience while in college. (If there are has been a gap since you were last enrolled in college, briefly describe your activities.)
- Provide the names and phone numbers of two college teachers from whom you will request letters of reference.
- Indicate how you first heard about the Lock Haven University Global Honors Program.
- Write an essay of up to 500 words responding to one of the following four prompts.
- Discuss a creative work that has been crucial to the way you see the world and the way you see yourself in the world. Identify the work and how it has influenced you. This creative work could be a biography, film, novel, play, poem, or scientific theory.
- What does it mean to be an engaged Global Citizen?
- You just finished writing your 300-page autobiography. Please submit page 217.
- Arrange for letters of reference from the two teachers identified above. Letters must be on official school stationary and should be sent directly to the Lock Haven University Honors Program. Applicants should supply teachers with a copy of Guidelines for Reference Letters.
- Submit your completed application to The Global Honors Program (email or regular mail). Once the completed applicaton is received, you will be contacted by the Global Honors Director, Dr. Elizabeth Gruber firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.