Successful applicants to regular matriculated status will have:
- An undergraduate degree in psychology (or a related discipline such as education, criminal justice, sociology, etc.) from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. *
- Work experience in the mental health field (If you do not have work experience prior to applying to the program, students will be required to have a minimum of three months of experience in the mental health field prior to entering practicum. This can be via part-time, full-time employment, or volunteer activities.)
- Strong letters of reference from individuals knowledgeable about the applicant’s academic preparation and/or relevant work experience.
- A strong personal interview with a CMHC faculty member (through computer software that allows real-time, face to face meetings).
*Applicants with a 2.75 -2.99 GPA will be considered if their undergraduate degree was earned more than five years prior to application and/or they have relevant professional experience (with outstanding recommendation letters from supervisors/colleagues) in the mental health field. Anyone with a GPA between 2.75-2.99 must submit one of the following with their application: 1. An official MAT score of at least 395 or 2. An official GRE score with scores in the 80th percentile or higher in each section. If admitted to the graduate program with an undergraduate GPA score between 2.75 and 2.99, students will enter on probation. This means they need to achieve a 3.0 GPA or better in their first 9 credit hours to matriculate into the program. Students on probation will only be accepted for the part-time cohort.
To complete the admissions process, students must submit:
- Online application
- Official college transcripts
- Letters must be professional and diverse.
- Letters need to be specific to LHU’s CMHC program.
- Letters need to be personal to the candidate discussing his/her inter and intra personal skills and aptitude for success in an online graduate program.
- Statement of professional goals
- Describe your preparations for graduate work (education, work and/or volunteer experience)
- Your reasons for applying for this particular graduate program at Lock Haven University
- How this graduate program will help you meet your professional and educational goals
- Successful completion of a faculty interview