Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will show a commitment to the counseling professional identity through active
membership and participation in professional organizations, maintaining ethical and
professional behavior in their work with peers, faculty, clients, and other professionals, and
demonstrating a commitment to self-care.
- Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and practices of effective culturally
appropriate counseling skills to include: assessment, case conceptualization, diagnosis
using both the DSM-5 and the ICD-10, treatment, consultation, referral, and current
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge, skills, and practices of effective culturally
appropriate individual, group, couples and family, career counseling skills, and crisis
intervention and treating trauma.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge, skills and practices to effectively counsel
diverse populations, advocate for clients and the profession, understand how to influence
policy to enhance the professional practice of counseling including prevention of
mental and emotional disorders.
- Graduates will demonstrate current knowledge, skills, and practices to use relevant research findings to critically evaluate programs, inform practice, and determine the effectiveness of measurable outcomes in treatment and prevention.
|Data Outcomes||Annual Assessment Data||Annual Assessment Data|
|Graduate Survey Data||Graduate Survey Data|
|Site Supervisor Data||Site Supervisor Data|
Want to Know More?
Department of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Dr. Kristin A. Vincenzes
117 Akeley Hall, Lock Haven University
Contact our Admissions Office
8:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Friday