What You'll Study
The Associate of Science in Nursing courses consist of liberal arts and selected sciences, as well as nursing courses. Each required course listed on the curriculum worksheet must be taken in the designated sequence as knowledge builds from less complex to more complex. Each nursing course is made up of a theoretical and clinical component.
Topics covered include:
- Foundations of Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Maternal Child
- Behavioral Health
|NCLEX Passage Rate|
|Class of 2016||92.31% *Exceeds state and national Average|
|Class of 2015||91.49% *Exceeds state and national Average|
|Class of 2014||92.09% *Exceeds state and national Average|
- Mission, Philosophy & Educational Objectives
- ASN Student Program Guide
- Admission Process: All applications are processed through the Admissions Office at the Clearfield Campus
of LHU. The Admissions Office will correspond with you to inform you as to missing
paperwork or inability to meet the competitive prerequisite requirements listed below.
- SAT: (prior to March 2016) a score of 900 minimum (highest combined critical reading and math). SAT: March 2016- present) a score in the range of 1000 (highest combined EBRW and math). ACT: composite minimum of 20.
- The State Board of Nursing requires you to have received a high school diploma or GED.
- In order to schedule for the entrance exam you are required a high school level Algebra, Academic Biology/lab component, and an Academic Chemistry/lab component, all with a C grade or above. If these were achieved at the college level, this is also acceptable. Should you be deficient in one of these areas, you will be required to successfully complete the deficient course(s). G.E.D. students must meet the same requirements.
- A GPA of 2.7 or above is required for consideration into the program.
- Students interested in transferring into the program should review our transfer credit policy.
- Additional FAQ's for the ASN Program.
- Admission to this program is competitive. The academic requirements above are minimums required for the program, and do not guarantee admission.
- TEAS Exam Information: All applicants must take the computerized Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) entrance exam after completion of the prerequisite courses necessary and achieving the required GPA.
- This exam is taken one time and is an indicator for admission to the nursing program.
- A Test of Essential Academic Skills Pre-Test Study Manual Ver. VI is recommended and can be purchased in the Clearfield Campus Bookstore. Prior to taking the exam, the student may access atitesting.com, create an account and take a practice exam for a fee if so desire but not required.
- The exam consists of four sections, Reading, Math, Science, and English. The exam will consist of 170 questions, 30-55 in each area.
- A calculator is embedded with the online version of the ATI TEAS exam.
- Exams will be scheduled on Mondays and Fridays from September through March. Scroll down to register and check the dates for the exam.
- Once applicant receives notification of eligibility for exam, they register for TEAS online.
- This computerized test is ONLY offered at the Clearfield Campus.
- All applicants will be responsible for the exam fee payable by credit card ONLY.
- The exam MUST BE SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE– you cannot test without prior sign up with the nursing department.
- Students, please allow 3.5 hours for testing.
- Entrance exam (TEAS) testing has begun. Before signing up you must confirm your eligibility with the nursing department or through the admissions office. The testing dates run through May 2018. Those taking the exam AFTER April 1, 2018 will be placed on the waiting list for fall 2018 or be given consideration for entrance into Nursing fall 2019.
- Scholarships: From honorariums to full-tuition waivers, scholarships exist to reward your hard work and dedication to the major. Find more information here.
- Accreditation: The ASN Nursing Education Program is accredited by ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.).
- PA State Board Approved: Our ASN program is fully-approved by the PA State Board.