Mission Statement – Lock Haven University
Lock Haven University offers an excellent and affordable educated characterized by a strong foundation in the liberal arts and sciences for all students, majors in the arts and sciences, and a special emphasis on professional programs. All programs are enhanced with real-world experiences and co-curricular activities that enable students to realize their full potential. In close personal relationships with faculty who are passionate about teaching, students are challenged to develop their minds and skills in order to be responsible citizens and to succeed in a global and technologically advanced society.
Mission Statement – Department of Health Science
The Department of Health Science will provide high quality programs to prepare students to enter careers or graduate programs in current and emerging health related fields. The programs of study are designed to assist the student in developing the skills necessary to enter into a complex and changing global society with confidence and competence.
Mission Statement – Athletic Training
The Lock Haven University Master of Science in Athletic Training program prepares students for athletic training careers in various employment settings. The Program is designed to develop academic competence and clinical reasoning skills through a compounding sequence of didactic and clinical experiences. Graduates of the Program are eligible for athletic training certification by the Board of Certification (BOC) and subsequent appropriate state credentialing.
Master of Science in Athletic Training Student Learning Outcomes
Upon program completion, students will:
- Achieve academic competency within the domains of athletic training.
- Integrate didactic knowledge, clinical knowledge, and clinical reasoning skills in order to make independent clinical decisions that are guided by the professional literature.
- Integrate the professional behaviors and attitudes of a healthcare provider into clinical practice.
- Utilize the communication skills necessary for success in clinical practice.
Master of Science in Athletic Training Program Outcomes
The athletic training education program will:
- Provide a high-quality and current academic curriculum.
- Provide a challenging clinical education sequence that prepares program graduates to enter the workforce in a variety of practice settings.
- Produce highly-skilled athletic trainers who are prepared to directly enter either the workforce.
- Experience growth in both the number and quality of students entering the program.
Want to Know More?
Contact our Admissions Office
8:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Friday