The Lock Haven University Facilities Department in conjunction with America Recycles Day will hold a one-day event for recycling on the LHU campus.
Items that can be recycled that day and brought in from home are as follows:
- Cans (bi-metal and aluminum)
- Plastics 1-7
- Office paper (magazines, junk mail, catalogs, glossy paper, phone books)
- Corrugated cardboard (broken down)
- Car batteries
- Alkaline batteries (must be scotch taped on both ends)
- All household electronics (computers, printers, televisions, VCRs, cellphones, stereos, DVD players)
- Scrap metal
- Used motor oil
- Tires (must be removed from rims)
No glass or paint will be accepted. All items must be sorted and not comingled.
Sign-up for LHU’s new monthly newsletter, LHU & You, to get all of your updates on The Haven and the Lock Haven community. Click here to sign up.
Lock Haven University is a member of Pennsylvania’s State System, the largest provider of higher education in the Commonwealth. Its 14 universities offer more than 2,300 degree and certificate programs in more than 530 academic areas of study. Nearly 520,000 system alumni live and work in Pennsylvania.
Questions About the Article?
Executive Director of Communications and Community Relations
Contact our Admissions Office
8:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Friday